There are five trail running/walking events conducted in the Glasshouse Mountains area each year, and one at Mt Mee. Two are based at the swimming pool in the township of Woodford and two at the State School in Beerburrum township.
- Hares and Hounds - based at Woodford. 2016 Event will be on10th January.
- Mt Mee Marathon - based at Gantry Rangers Compound on Sellin Road. 2016 Event will be on 10th April.
- Glasshouse 50 or Cook's Tour - based at Woodford on the Sunday closest to 17th May Captain Cook named the mountains on 17th May during his voyage up the east coast of Australia in 1770.
- Flinders Tour - based at Beerburrum on the Sunday closest to the 26th July. Matthew Flinders was the first European to climb one of the Glasshouse Mountains (Beerburrum) on this date in 1798.
- Glasshouse 100 - based at Beerburrum on the weekend of the second Sunday in September.
This includes the longest run of 100 miles (Glasshouse 100) which was the first trail run of this distance conducted in Australia starting in 1996.
Ian Javes started organising these events in 1990 and is a member of TRAQ and GMAN. If you would like to see Ian's original Glasshouse website it can be viewed HERE.